Developer pledges to continue Berlin Wall removalBreaking News
tags: Communism, AP, BERLIN WALL, EAST GERMANY, PRESERVATION
A German property developer has rejected calls to halt work to remove one of the last remaining stretches of the Berlin Wall, despite angry protests against the plan.
Maik Uwe Hinkel says work to move a 22-meter (yard) section of the 1.3 kilometer (3/4 mile) section of the wall will resume next week...
comments powered by Disqus
- Why the history of slavery in the US South is taking centre stage once again
- New South Wales (Australia) to offer reparations to Stolen Generations
- It’s World AIDS Day and There’s a New AIDS Memorial in New York City
- Auschwitz survivor asks Austrians to remember the past
- Honoring Elie Wiesel, a Holocaust Witness Who Kept a Memory Alive
- Novelist says History classes are our best hope for teaching Americans to question fake news and Donald Trump
- National Book Award winner Ibram X. Kendi is youngest in 30 years in the non-fiction category
- Historian Volker Ullrich’s book on the rise of Hitler is spookily relevant
- People are still talking about historian Mark Lilla’s NYT op ed 2 weeks after it was published
- Rick Perlstein says Trump’s election confirms a paranoid trend in the GOP