Rotterdam archaeologists find old shoe stuffed with medieval moneyBreaking News
tags: archaeology, coins, Medieval, silver
Archeologists in Rotterdam have found an old shoe stuffed with 477 silver coins during excavations behind the town hall.
Archaeologists say they have never before found a shoe filled with money, which ranges in dates from 1472 to 1592. On theory is that the owner of the shoe hid it under floorboards to protect it during the 80 Years War (1568-1648)....
comments powered by Disqus
- Defense Secretary James Mattis tells high school student to study history
- Dunkirk survivors’ terror didn’t end when they were rescued
- Site of Germany’s Biggest World War II Battle in the News
- Champion of the Black Community Is Given Her Rightful Due in Richmond
- CIA Plans to Destroy Some of Its Old Leak Files
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying
- Medievalists, Recoiling From White Supremacy, Try to Diversify the Field