Carter: Argo not accurate
Former President Jimmy Carter told Piers Morgan he enjoyed watching Argo but said the movie about rescuing six American hostages from Iran was not entirely accurate.
Said Carter: "Well, let me say first of all, it's a great drama. And I hope it gets the Academy Award for best film because I think it deserves it. The other thing that I would say was that 90 percent of the contributions to the ideas and the consummation of the plan was Canadian. And the movie gives almost full credit to the American CIA. And with that exception, the movie is very good."
He gave the most credit to Canadian ambassador Ken Taylor "who orchestrated the entire process."
comments powered by Disqus
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight