Lincoln museum exhibits iconic stovepipe hat amid unanswered questions of originBreaking News
tags: Abraham Lincoln, Fox News, presidential libraries, Chicago Sun-Times
The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum is re-displaying a stovepipe hat synonymous with the country’s 16th president, amid renewed speculation about its authenticity.
The purported $6.5 million hat is being put on display to mark Lincoln’s 204th birthday.
Questions about the origin of the iconic hat were raised last spring by the Chicago Sun-Times.
The description next to the hat reads that only three of the stovepipe hats are known to exist "two silk ones from his last days of life, and this."...
comments powered by Disqus
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed