Lincoln Museum staff has few minoritiesBreaking News
Williams called on the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency to establish a more equitable distribution of jobs that, by his count, show only seven people of color out of 107 people employed by the library and museum. The current results are "unacceptable," he said in a letter.
Richard Norton Smith, who heads the Lincoln complex, said in a recent interview that he is proud of the diverse crowds at the Lincoln complex but is "most frustrated about the relative lack of diversity in our workforce."
"If we were just kind of wringing our hands about it, fine. Condemn us," Smith said. "I don't know about anyone else. I've actually given more thought to this than anything since I got here."
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders