Albert Small buys George Washington letter for $290,000 -- but don’t tell his wifeBreaking News
If you’re reading this and run into Albert Small’s wife, hide the newspaper. Mum’s the word, okay?
The local real estate developer just bought a letter written by George Washington for $290,000 — but he hasn’t mentioned the purchase to Shirley, his spouse of more than 60 years.
“I don’t tell my wife these things,” he told us Monday. “She doesn’t like to hear about it.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history