Albert Small buys George Washington letter for $290,000 -- but don’t tell his wife
If you’re reading this and run into Albert Small’s wife, hide the newspaper. Mum’s the word, okay?
The local real estate developer just bought a letter written by George Washington for $290,000 — but he hasn’t mentioned the purchase to Shirley, his spouse of more than 60 years.
“I don’t tell my wife these things,” he told us Monday. “She doesn’t like to hear about it.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita