Albert Small buys George Washington letter for $290,000 -- but don’t tell his wife
If you’re reading this and run into Albert Small’s wife, hide the newspaper. Mum’s the word, okay?
The local real estate developer just bought a letter written by George Washington for $290,000 — but he hasn’t mentioned the purchase to Shirley, his spouse of more than 60 years.
“I don’t tell my wife these things,” he told us Monday. “She doesn’t like to hear about it.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences