Mortar shell left from Vietnam War explodes
HANOI, Vietnam – A mortar shell left from the Vietnam War has exploded in a southern village, killing four children and seriously injuring five other people.
Hieu Nghia village official Le Van Giang says three children aged 4 to 11 died at the scene Sunday afternoon and a 6-year-old boy died at the hospital. The blast seriously injured two other children and three men....
comments powered by Disqus
- All the Presidents’ Memorabilia
- How the Martin Luther King estate controls the national hero’s image
- Benjamin Franklin's life inspired me, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- PTSD Found In Ancient Warriors
- 150 Years Later: Columbia, South Carolina wants the world to remember it also burned down in the Civil War
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us