M&S selling Spitfire models made in GermanyBreaking News
From July to October 1940, the Spitfire was hailed by the British public as the RAF fighter that saved the nation from invasion by Hitler's Nazis, inflicting heavy losses on wave after wave of Luftwaffe bombers.
Now models of the classic fighter plane, made in Germany for toy firm Revell, are on sale in Marks & Spencer for £10 each.
Justin Reeves, who spotted the model in the flagship M&S store on Oxford Street in central London, said: "I picked it up as a present and couldn't believe it when I saw the 'Made in Germany' tag on the back.
"The Spitfire is one of the most iconic images of the Second World War and one of the reasons we kept the Nazis at bay.
"At least they came up with this 60 years too late to make a difference in the Battle of Britain."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Diane Ravitch: The Common Core Costs Billions and Hurts Students
- Israel Historian on King David Hotel Bombing: 'It Was an Act of Terror'
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer