Pilgrim re-enactors juggle husbands and wives, real and fake
Ask Sally Rothemich how her husband’s doing, and you’ll usually get the same reply: “My real husband or my fake husband?”
Her real husband is Don Rothemich, a teacher from Massachusetts who wears sweaters and loafers.
Her fake husband is an American immigrant, originally from England, named Francis Eaton, who wears cassocks and sailed on the Mayflower.
Ms. Rothemich and her fake husband are re-enactors at Plimoth Plantation in Plymouth, Mass. The job makes for a mighty juggle – between work and life, and between past and present....
comments powered by Disqus
- Black studies professor in the middle of exploding scandal at the University of North Carolina
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China