How Historically Accurate is Spielberg's "Lincoln"?
Louis P. Masur, William R. Kenan Jr., Professor in American Institutions and Values at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, talks about the historical accuracy of Stephen Spielberg's "Lincoln" with History News Network editor David Austin Walsh. He recently wrote an article for the Chronicle of Higher Education on the cultural history of Lincoln in cinema.
Click here to download this podcast.
Professor Masur is the author of Lincoln's Hundred Days: The Emancipation Proclamation and the War for the Union, out now from Harvard University Press.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic