Bishops Support Dorothy Day for Sainthood
The nation’s Roman Catholic bishops, in Baltimore at their semiannual meeting, voted unanimously Tuesday to support the cause of sainthood for Dorothy Day, a Catholic convert and an advocate for the poor who helped to found the Catholic Worker movement and to advance the church’s teaching on social justice....
comments powered by Disqus
- John Kerry says the destruction of heritage sites in Iraq and Syria is the worst in his lifetime
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering