Bishops Support Dorothy Day for Sainthood
The nation’s Roman Catholic bishops, in Baltimore at their semiannual meeting, voted unanimously Tuesday to support the cause of sainthood for Dorothy Day, a Catholic convert and an advocate for the poor who helped to found the Catholic Worker movement and to advance the church’s teaching on social justice....
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita