Ford Library to be expanded in $15m projectBreaking News
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum in Grand Rapids will be updated and expanded under a $15 million fundraising effort, officials announced Friday.
Plans call for funding a 10,500-square-foot student learning center at the museum and create new interactive exhibits, the Gerald R. Ford Foundation said. Online access to a number of the museum’s historical documents also is planned along with documents at the Ford presidential library in Ann Arbor.
“The vision of this campaign is to attract students of all ages to the museum and provide online access to the museum’s and library’s incredible holdings,” David Frey, Gerald R. Ford Foundation trustee and campaign co-chair, said in a statement. “This expansion will let individuals explore the Ford Presidency, the lives of Gerald and Betty Ford and a significant number of historical documents associated with the history of our nation.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton