Ill. military historian to help with NJ recoveryHistorians in the News
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The former director of the Illinois State Military Museum is headed to New Jersey to help the National Guard in that state clean up and preserve military artifacts damaged by Superstorm Sandy.
The Illinois Army National Guard says Lt. Col. Mark Whitlock of Springfield will spend about a week helping the New Jersey National Guard Museum's curator assess restoration needs. The museum has a large collection of New Jersey related Civil War research material....
comments powered by Disqus
- Some Places Are Celebrating A Different Holiday On Columbus Day
- Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the Holocaust
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich