Ill. military historian to help with NJ recovery
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The former director of the Illinois State Military Museum is headed to New Jersey to help the National Guard in that state clean up and preserve military artifacts damaged by Superstorm Sandy.
The Illinois Army National Guard says Lt. Col. Mark Whitlock of Springfield will spend about a week helping the New Jersey National Guard Museum's curator assess restoration needs. The museum has a large collection of New Jersey related Civil War research material....
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate