Proposal to rename Pittsburgh bridge for David McCullough
Allegheny County Councilwoman Barbara Daly Danko will push for final action Wednesday on an ordinance to rename Pittsburgh's 16th Street Bridge in honor of historian David McCullough.
Although located in the city, the span across the Allegheny River is owned by the county.
A special review committee, headed by Thomas E. Donatelli, a former county public works director, recommended last month that the bridge be named for Mr. McCullough, a Pittsburgh native who speaks often about his local roots....
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading
- AHA backs California's LGBT History law