Proposal to rename Pittsburgh bridge for David McCullough
Allegheny County Councilwoman Barbara Daly Danko will push for final action Wednesday on an ordinance to rename Pittsburgh's 16th Street Bridge in honor of historian David McCullough.
Although located in the city, the span across the Allegheny River is owned by the county.
A special review committee, headed by Thomas E. Donatelli, a former county public works director, recommended last month that the bridge be named for Mr. McCullough, a Pittsburgh native who speaks often about his local roots....
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic