UCR professor Catherine Allgor named Huntington’s education directorHistorians in the News
Following a national search, The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens has named Catherine its Nadine and Robert A. Skotheim Director of Education. Allgor is a professor of history at the UC Riverside.
She joins the Huntington staff Feb. 1.
Allgor takes the helm from Susan Lafferty, who stepped down from her position in August to pursue a doctoral degree in education.
Allgor has been at UCR since 2001 and has established herself as a leading historian of first ladies. She is known for her scholarly work on Dolley Madison, Abigail Adams, and Louisa Adams, among others, and is a frequent commentator on television and in other media on issues having to do with the role of the first lady. Her 2006 book, “A Perfect Union: Dolley Madison and the Creation of the American Nation,” served as the basis for the film “Dolley Madison,” produced by PBS for its American Experience series....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity