Placement Information on History Department Websites
As an example of the kinds of public information on placement of history PhDs recently recommended by the AHA’s Professional Division, Liz Townsend, the Association’s coordinator of professional data, prepared the following list of departmental websites that include at least some information on placement. Only three departments report specific statistics; most have only limited lists of jobs obtained by their graduates. If we failed to find other history department web pages that include placement information, please let us know.
Jobs obtained by individual graduates, but no overall placement statistics: University of Arizona; Bowling Green State University; University of California, Davis; University of California, Los Angeles; Columbia University; University of Florida; Florida State University; Georgetown University; Georgia Tech; University of Hawai’i, Manoa; University of Houston; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Marquette University, University of Miami; University of Michigan; State University of New York, Buffalo; University of North Carolina, Greensboro; Northeastern University; Northwestern University; University of Notre Dame; University of Oklahoma; Penn State University; Princeton University; University of Rochester; Saint Louis University; Stanford University; Texas Christian University; Tulane University; Washington University in St. Louis; College of William and Mary; University of Wisconsin-Madison
General information about placement: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; University of Kansas, under Placement Record; University of Memphis; State University of New York at Binghamton; Northern Illinois University; Ohio University; University of Pennsylvania; Rice University; Southern Illinois University Carbondale
comments powered by Disqus
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Expressing Outrage over Attacks on Cultural Heritage of Iraq, General Assembly Unanimously Adopts Resolution Calling for Urgent Action
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize