Placement Information on History Department WebsitesHistorians in the News
As an example of the kinds of public information on placement of history PhDs recently recommended by the AHA’s Professional Division, Liz Townsend, the Association’s coordinator of professional data, prepared the following list of departmental websites that include at least some information on placement. Only three departments report specific statistics; most have only limited lists of jobs obtained by their graduates. If we failed to find other history department web pages that include placement information, please let us know.
Jobs obtained by individual graduates, but no overall placement statistics: University of Arizona; Bowling Green State University; University of California, Davis; University of California, Los Angeles; Columbia University; University of Florida; Florida State University; Georgetown University; Georgia Tech; University of Hawai’i, Manoa; University of Houston; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Marquette University, University of Miami; University of Michigan; State University of New York, Buffalo; University of North Carolina, Greensboro; Northeastern University; Northwestern University; University of Notre Dame; University of Oklahoma; Penn State University; Princeton University; University of Rochester; Saint Louis University; Stanford University; Texas Christian University; Tulane University; Washington University in St. Louis; College of William and Mary; University of Wisconsin-Madison
General information about placement: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; University of Kansas, under Placement Record; University of Memphis; State University of New York at Binghamton; Northern Illinois University; Ohio University; University of Pennsylvania; Rice University; Southern Illinois University Carbondale
comments powered by Disqus
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy