British PoW escaped 200 times to meet German loverBreaking News
The story of a British prisoner of war who had a secret affair with a German girl while held captive by the Nazis is to be turned into a Hollywood film.
Horace Greasley was captured during the retreat to Dunkirk and imprisoned for two-and-a-half years during the Second World War in a PoW camp in Lamsdorf, Poland.
It was during this time that he began a relationship with Rosa Rauchbach, a girl from a nearby village who was hiding her part-Jewish background from the Nazis while she worked as a translator at a marble quarry labour camp.
He would regularly sneak out at night for trysts with his lover in a chapel and she would help him find food and equipment he could then smuggle back to the camp....
comments powered by Disqus
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95