British PoW escaped 200 times to meet German loverBreaking News
The story of a British prisoner of war who had a secret affair with a German girl while held captive by the Nazis is to be turned into a Hollywood film.
Horace Greasley was captured during the retreat to Dunkirk and imprisoned for two-and-a-half years during the Second World War in a PoW camp in Lamsdorf, Poland.
It was during this time that he began a relationship with Rosa Rauchbach, a girl from a nearby village who was hiding her part-Jewish background from the Nazis while she worked as a translator at a marble quarry labour camp.
He would regularly sneak out at night for trysts with his lover in a chapel and she would help him find food and equipment he could then smuggle back to the camp....
comments powered by Disqus
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos