New program may help create civil rights museumBreaking News
Assistant professor of history Max Krochmal created the Texas Communities Oral History Project (TX-COHP), a program that aims to preserve the history of the civil rights movement in Fort Worth.
Krochmal said he ran into problems doing research in the field because many subjects did not leave behind written records.
TX-COHP was born out of his interest in the civil rights movement and the fact that many people from that era are dying. The Institute for Urban Living and Innovation at Addran College and the Center for Community Involvement & Service-Learning support the project alongside students and community partners....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook