Police to search MI driveway for Jimmy HoffaBreaking News
DETROIT – A tip from a dying man could finally be the missing clue in the mystery of what happened to Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa, who vanished 37 years ago.
MyFoxDetroit.com reports investigators are searching the ground beneath a suburban Detroit driveway after a man told authorities he saw a body being put into the ground around the same time Hoffa disappeared. The man is said to be dying of cancer and was not identified by police.
After the tip was received by the Roseville Police Department, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality used ground penetrating radar on a 12-foot-by-12-foot patch beneath the driveway, said agency spokesman Brad Wurfel....
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize