David Cameron on Letterman: his history test in fullBreaking News
David Cameron struggled with David Letterman's impromptu questions about British history. How would you do?
Who wrote 'Rule, Britannia!'?
Mr Cameron wrongly guessed at Edward Elgar. Letterman informed him that the song was actually based on a poem written by James Thomson and set to music by Thomas Arne in 1740.
In the days of colonisation, Britain really did rule the world. The sun never set on the empire. We look back on that as just awful don't we?
Mr Cameron said: "I think there were some good bits and some less than good bits. Obviously we had a bit of a falling out at that time. I like to think we're getting over it."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled