Neil Armstrong remembered at public memorialBreaking News
A memorial for the first man on the Moon, astronaut Neil Armstrong, has been held in Washington, DC.
The public memorial was held at the National Cathedral, with fellow Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins among the hundreds attending.
Armstrong died in August, aged 82, from complications after heart surgery.
Nasa administrator Charles Bolden, a former astronaut, said Armstrong's humility and courage "lifted him above the stars"
A private funeral for family and friends was held earlier in Ohio, Armstrong's home state....
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools