Neil Armstrong remembered at public memorialBreaking News
A memorial for the first man on the Moon, astronaut Neil Armstrong, has been held in Washington, DC.
The public memorial was held at the National Cathedral, with fellow Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins among the hundreds attending.
Armstrong died in August, aged 82, from complications after heart surgery.
Nasa administrator Charles Bolden, a former astronaut, said Armstrong's humility and courage "lifted him above the stars"
A private funeral for family and friends was held earlier in Ohio, Armstrong's home state....
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton