Neil Armstrong remembered at public memorialBreaking News
A memorial for the first man on the Moon, astronaut Neil Armstrong, has been held in Washington, DC.
The public memorial was held at the National Cathedral, with fellow Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins among the hundreds attending.
Armstrong died in August, aged 82, from complications after heart surgery.
Nasa administrator Charles Bolden, a former astronaut, said Armstrong's humility and courage "lifted him above the stars"
A private funeral for family and friends was held earlier in Ohio, Armstrong's home state....
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders