Nelson's Victory-replica deliberately burnt to groundBreaking News
The Torrington Cavaliers fund-raising group, of Devon, hoped to raise £57,000 - the cost of the original Victory - with the event in the town.
The group spent two years building the 100ft-long half-size mock-up.
Hattie Hill, 11, and her sister Katie, nine, of Welcombe, lit the fire after their godfather won an online auction.
Nick Hill, 45, who lives in Hong Kong, passed the honour to the girls after bidding £325 on eBay.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments