New 9/11 Programs Are a British TaskBreaking News
Sept. 11 is approaching, and American television is maintaining a polite distance. Since last year, when more than two dozen new documentaries and memorials were presented for the 10th anniversary of the 2001 attacks, our attention has receded again. Apparently the most appropriate gift for an 11th anniversary is reruns.
A close but not exhaustive survey of prime-time schedules through Tuesday turned up five new specials on the attacks, all on cable. New to America, that is — two are leftover inventory, having been shown in Britain last year. Why in Britain? Because all these TV documentaries about the most significant event in our recent history were made there, four by the same company, Testimony Films....
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea