Wreck reappears at beach after IsaacBreaking News
FORT MORGAN, Alabama -- When Isaac lashed the Gulf Coast last week the storm gave people a glimpse into a slice of nautical history when the hurricane unveiled more of a 150-foot wooden shipwreck here than has been revealed by past storms.
The ghostly remains known to locals as the "mystery shipwreck" was uncovered at a private beach off Beach Boulevard near mile marker six just south of Fort Morgan. It has been uncovered by past storms, including Hurricane Ike four years ago and Tropical Storm Ida in 2009.
Historians in the past have been at odds as to the identity of the ship, with speculation that it was either a Civil War blockade ship or a Prohibition Era rum runner....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity