G.W. Bush Library Launches WebsiteBreaking News
The National Archives’ George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum has launched its newly designed website: www.georgewbushlibrary.smu.edu. The website is hosted by Southern Methodist University (SMU), the site of the Library’s future facility.
While the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum is still under construction on the campus of SMU, visitors will be able to visit virtually through the new interactive website, which features highlighted documents and artifacts from the Library and Museum’s vast collections. Through a variety of online media and exhibit galleries, researchers and visitors will be able to explore the lives and careers of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush, and the American Presidency in general. Educators and students will also be able to find resources and tools to use regarding the events of the Bush Administration.
The new website will give the public an early glimpse of the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, one of thirteen Presidential Libraries administered by the National Archives and Records Administration, and will help visitors plan their visits and inform them of upcoming news and events in anticipation of the dedication in the spring of 2013. The website will also provide information regarding the Library’s partners, the George W. Bush Foundation and the George W. Bush Institute.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)