Anne Frank diary coming as an appBreaking News
The Diary of Anne Frank, written by one of the most revered victims of the Holocaust, is being released next month as an interactive app.
The app has been authorised by the Anne Frank Foundation, which was founded by Otto Frank following the death of his daughter Anne in Bergen-Belsen in March 1945, aged 15, from typhus and malnutrition after hiding for two years from the Nazis in an Amsterdam attic. The diary, which was given to Anne on her 13th birthday, chronicles her life from 12 June 1942 until 1 August 1944. It was first published in 1947 and then translated from its original Dutch and published in English in 1952 as The Diary of a Young Girl....
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea