Anne Frank diary coming as an appBreaking News
The Diary of Anne Frank, written by one of the most revered victims of the Holocaust, is being released next month as an interactive app.
The app has been authorised by the Anne Frank Foundation, which was founded by Otto Frank following the death of his daughter Anne in Bergen-Belsen in March 1945, aged 15, from typhus and malnutrition after hiding for two years from the Nazis in an Amsterdam attic. The diary, which was given to Anne on her 13th birthday, chronicles her life from 12 June 1942 until 1 August 1944. It was first published in 1947 and then translated from its original Dutch and published in English in 1952 as The Diary of a Young Girl....
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"