Dallas historian remembers Neil Armstrong visit
DALLAS — Dallas historian Farris Rookstool was just eight years old when Neil Armstrong went to the moon.
"I can still see it like a movie in my brain," he said.
But he didn't know how much time he would eventually spend with this American hero.
With mementos he holds with pride, Rookstool shared some of his fondest memories with News 8.
"He didn't have a colossal ego. He was just an ordinary guy who did extraordinary things," Rookstool said. "To me, that's what makes him a totally remarkable person."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC