Amazon Election Heat Map 2012
Amazon.com has published a map of the United States that tracks, state-by-state, the percentage of conservative political books purchased on the site versus the number of liberal books.
Overall, 56% of all political books are "red," (and not commie red -- the other kind), and only six states -- Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- plus the District of Columbia either break even or tilt blue.
Check out the graphic, along with a list of the most popular political books (including Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln and Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States, both of which were finalists in our "bad history books" poll) by clicking here or on the link above.
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences