Amazon Election Heat Map 2012
Amazon.com has published a map of the United States that tracks, state-by-state, the percentage of conservative political books purchased on the site versus the number of liberal books.
Overall, 56% of all political books are "red," (and not commie red -- the other kind), and only six states -- Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- plus the District of Columbia either break even or tilt blue.
Check out the graphic, along with a list of the most popular political books (including Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln and Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States, both of which were finalists in our "bad history books" poll) by clicking here or on the link above.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘The Interview’: Seven Other Controversial Film Releases in History
- New Stonehenge Discovery Hailed As 'Most Important In 60 Years'
- Judge Rules 14-Year-Old's Execution a 'Travesty of Justice' in Case in the Jim Crow South
- Lawsuit May Reshape Tourist Industry in History-Rich Savannah
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Turns 75