Amazon Election Heat Map 2012
Amazon.com has published a map of the United States that tracks, state-by-state, the percentage of conservative political books purchased on the site versus the number of liberal books.
Overall, 56% of all political books are "red," (and not commie red -- the other kind), and only six states -- Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- plus the District of Columbia either break even or tilt blue.
Check out the graphic, along with a list of the most popular political books (including Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln and Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States, both of which were finalists in our "bad history books" poll) by clicking here or on the link above.
comments powered by Disqus
- Columbia University Releases Eric Foner’s Civil War MOOCs. It's Free!
- Historian Geoffrey Ward tells CBS: Fox News would have ‘loved’ to show FDR with polio ‘at his most helpless’
- Eric Hobsbawm is remembered as a polyglot of a kind that's vanished
- Once again Ken Burns turns to Geoffrey Ward to write his script, this time about the Roosevelts
- Historian warns that countries go into decline when they become rigid, oppress minorities, and become weak militarily