Amazon Election Heat Map 2012Breaking News
Amazon.com has published a map of the United States that tracks, state-by-state, the percentage of conservative political books purchased on the site versus the number of liberal books.
Overall, 56% of all political books are "red," (and not commie red -- the other kind), and only six states -- Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont -- plus the District of Columbia either break even or tilt blue.
Check out the graphic, along with a list of the most popular political books (including Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln and Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States, both of which were finalists in our "bad history books" poll) by clicking here or on the link above.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond