Washington National Cathedral has been setting for many historical events
Exactly one year ago today, one of the most spectacular buildings in Washington was badly damaged by the earthquake that shook our city. So much so, that the repairs are going to cost millions of dollars and keep it under scaffolding for several years.
If you love this building like we do, consider donating a few bucks to help restore this national treasure. You can give money online, so it’s effortless.
And since we love this building so much, we want to highlight to tremendous history of the place with a “Three Things…” post. Also, a shout out goes to GoDCer Laura for suggesting this too. Three things won’t do justice to the place, but here are some fascinating stories about the place for you to share with your friends....
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic