Biden has a record with slave-themed remarksBreaking News
Vice President Joseph R. Biden's incendiary comment to a largely black audience Tuesday about Republican Mitt Romney wanting to put voters "back in chains" isn't the first time he has used slavery imagery in a political appeal.
In 2006, when then-Delaware senator was campaigning in South Carolina for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, he reminded people that he represented a former slave state.
Asked on Fox News how a "Northeast liberal" such as himself could win in South Carolina, Mr. Biden replied, "You don't know my state. My state was a slave state. My state is a border state. My state is the eighth largest black population in the country. My state is anything from a Northeast liberal state."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Supporters Rally Around Accused Russian Historian Of Stalin's Crimes
- Mormon history scholars file court brief over Trump travel ban
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize