Eminent historian of Northeast India no moreHistorians in the News
Noted historian of the North East and Meghalaya’s first PhD degree holder Padmashree Dr Hamlet Bareh Ngapkynta passed away early this morning at his residence, his family said.
He was 91. He is survived by his wife Merlicia Kharshiing and four children.
A Doctorate in Philosophy from the North Eastern Hill University, Hamlet a distinguished scholar, and a prolific writer and researcher, was awarded the Padmashree in 2004....
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90
- Greg O’Malley’s go-to slave trade database will soon show more than the path the ships took from Africa to the New World