Eminent historian of Northeast India no moreHistorians in the News
Noted historian of the North East and Meghalaya’s first PhD degree holder Padmashree Dr Hamlet Bareh Ngapkynta passed away early this morning at his residence, his family said.
He was 91. He is survived by his wife Merlicia Kharshiing and four children.
A Doctorate in Philosophy from the North Eastern Hill University, Hamlet a distinguished scholar, and a prolific writer and researcher, was awarded the Padmashree in 2004....
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)