Christina Gilmartin, 65; professor was authority on China
A translator, teacher, and writer, Christina Gilmartin taught at Northeastern University. An authority on 20th-century Chinese history, with an emphasis on women and gender, she lived in China from 1978 to 1983. As one of the first US scholars to live in China, she was “a real pioneer,” said Gail Hershatter, professor of history at the University of California, Santa Cruz....
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?