Christina Gilmartin, 65; professor was authority on China
A translator, teacher, and writer, Christina Gilmartin taught at Northeastern University. An authority on 20th-century Chinese history, with an emphasis on women and gender, she lived in China from 1978 to 1983. As one of the first US scholars to live in China, she was “a real pioneer,” said Gail Hershatter, professor of history at the University of California, Santa Cruz....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”