Christina Gilmartin, 65; professor was authority on China
A translator, teacher, and writer, Christina Gilmartin taught at Northeastern University. An authority on 20th-century Chinese history, with an emphasis on women and gender, she lived in China from 1978 to 1983. As one of the first US scholars to live in China, she was “a real pioneer,” said Gail Hershatter, professor of history at the University of California, Santa Cruz....
comments powered by Disqus
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success
- Sven Beckert’s List of the Ten Books on Slavery You Need to Read
- Jonathan Zimmerman says homosexuality is not alien to Africa
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed