Drain Hetch Hetchy Reservoir? San Francisco voters may get the chance in November to start the processBreaking News
Beginning a new chapter in one of America's oldest conservation battles, environmental groups Monday are expected to turn in enough signatures to qualify a November ballot measure in San Francisco that would require the city to draw up a plan to drain Hetch Hetchy Reservoir.
The reservoir in Yosemite National Park and the Tuolumne River that flows into it are the main water source for 2.5 million Bay Area residents who live in San Francisco or on the Peninsula, as well as in parts of San Jose and Alameda County....
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi