Drain Hetch Hetchy Reservoir? San Francisco voters may get the chance in November to start the process
Beginning a new chapter in one of America's oldest conservation battles, environmental groups Monday are expected to turn in enough signatures to qualify a November ballot measure in San Francisco that would require the city to draw up a plan to drain Hetch Hetchy Reservoir.
The reservoir in Yosemite National Park and the Tuolumne River that flows into it are the main water source for 2.5 million Bay Area residents who live in San Francisco or on the Peninsula, as well as in parts of San Jose and Alameda County....
comments powered by Disqus
- Swastikas, Hate and Confusion
- Obama chooses Chicago to host his presidential library
- Arizona State class on “The Problem of Whiteness” sparks neo-Nazi campaign
- How Curfews Have Changed Through History
- Supreme Court justices called to task for saying institution of marriage hasn't changed in millennia