Welsh and Cornish are the 'purest Britons', scientists claimBreaking News
Scientists drew up a map of the British Isles revealing the genetic ancestry of people from different rural areas across the UK.
After extensive DNA surveying, they found that Welsh and Cornish people were among the most genetically distinct groups in the country.
One theory for the difference in their DNA is that they are a "relic" population, tracing their ancestry back to the tribes that colonised Britain after the last Ice Age 10,000 years ago.
Welsh genes proved to be similar to those of the French and Irish, suggesting they were connected to the pre-Roman population....
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies