Welsh and Cornish are the 'purest Britons', scientists claimBreaking News
Scientists drew up a map of the British Isles revealing the genetic ancestry of people from different rural areas across the UK.
After extensive DNA surveying, they found that Welsh and Cornish people were among the most genetically distinct groups in the country.
One theory for the difference in their DNA is that they are a "relic" population, tracing their ancestry back to the tribes that colonised Britain after the last Ice Age 10,000 years ago.
Welsh genes proved to be similar to those of the French and Irish, suggesting they were connected to the pre-Roman population....
comments powered by Disqus
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford
- Integration Of Cheerleaders Was Difficult To Achieve
- New-York Historical Society to Open Women’s History Center