Americans know little about SCOTUSBreaking News
They might well be the most powerful men and women in the nation, but most Americans probably couldn't pick the members of the U.S. Supreme Court out of a lineup. (Unless perhaps they were the only ones wearing long black robes.)...
...[A]ccording to a Pew Research Center Poll, a majority of Americans cannot name the court's chief justice. (The survey was taken in 2010, but there's little to suggest that Americans have been boning up on their Supreme Court knowledge since then.)
From the survey: Only 28% correctly identified John Roberts as the chief justice of the Supreme Court. More than half said they didn't know....
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election