Iron Age coins worth £1m found by Jersey treasure huntersBreaking News
Nearly 50,000 coins thought to have been hidden away from Julius Caesar's advancing army have been found on Jersey.
The trove was found by local metal detector enthusiasts Reg Mead and Richard Miles, who had been hunting for them for nearly 30 years.
"We hit something hard. We just put the shovel in here and moved it. We hear that grinding noise of metal rubbing against metal. Just flicked and out came five Iron Age coins. You just go numb. You say: isn't that lovely? And it's a very quiet feeling, isn't it? Wow," Mr Mead said on the discovery....
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history