Holocaust survivors develop PTSD in old ageBreaking News
An increasing number of Holocaust survivors are only now suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder decades after the horrors of the Nazi death camps.
Most patients with PTSD, such soldiers returning from conflict, develop symptoms within six months of a traumatic event.
But in the cases of those incarcerated or fleeing Hitler during World War Two, the incubation period is proving to be many years longer.
Holocaust researchers say the problem is coming to the fore partly because few survivors sought psychiatric help soon after the event....
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions