Pro-Nazi Hebrew graffiti at Yad Vashem
Hebrew graffiti thanking Adolf Hitler and denouncing Zionism have been sprayed inside Israel's own Holocaust museum in Jerusalem.
One giant slogan at the Yad Vashem museum in Jerusalem read: 'Thank you Hitler for your wonderful Holocaust that you arranged for us, it's only because of you that we got a state at the UN.'
It was sprayed across walls in Warsaw Ghetto Square near to a sculpture depicting the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, in which 13,000 were killed in the first uprising in Nazi occupied Europe....
That slogan fuelled suspicion that a small fringe of ultra-Orthodox Jews, who are virulently opposed to the state of Israel, were to blame....
comments powered by Disqus
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing