BBC replaces "inane" Diamond Jubilee newsteam with Huw Edwards and Simon Schama
After a backlash from viewers over their 'inane' Diamond Jubilee river pageant broadcast, the BBC provided solemn and sober coverage befitting the gravitas of the Thanksgiving service in St Paul's today.
Huw Edwards anchored the programme and historian Simon Schama provided commentary on a historic day.
The Corporation's coverage of the Thames river pageant was described as 'celebrity-driven drivel' as One Show host Matt Baker came in for heavy criticism....
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening