BBC replaces "inane" Diamond Jubilee newsteam with Huw Edwards and Simon SchamaHistorians in the News
After a backlash from viewers over their 'inane' Diamond Jubilee river pageant broadcast, the BBC provided solemn and sober coverage befitting the gravitas of the Thanksgiving service in St Paul's today.
Huw Edwards anchored the programme and historian Simon Schama provided commentary on a historic day.
The Corporation's coverage of the Thames river pageant was described as 'celebrity-driven drivel' as One Show host Matt Baker came in for heavy criticism....
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit