BBC replaces "inane" Diamond Jubilee newsteam with Huw Edwards and Simon Schama
After a backlash from viewers over their 'inane' Diamond Jubilee river pageant broadcast, the BBC provided solemn and sober coverage befitting the gravitas of the Thanksgiving service in St Paul's today.
Huw Edwards anchored the programme and historian Simon Schama provided commentary on a historic day.
The Corporation's coverage of the Thames river pageant was described as 'celebrity-driven drivel' as One Show host Matt Baker came in for heavy criticism....
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing