BBC replaces "inane" Diamond Jubilee newsteam with Huw Edwards and Simon SchamaHistorians in the News
After a backlash from viewers over their 'inane' Diamond Jubilee river pageant broadcast, the BBC provided solemn and sober coverage befitting the gravitas of the Thanksgiving service in St Paul's today.
Huw Edwards anchored the programme and historian Simon Schama provided commentary on a historic day.
The Corporation's coverage of the Thames river pageant was described as 'celebrity-driven drivel' as One Show host Matt Baker came in for heavy criticism....
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)