BBC replaces "inane" Diamond Jubilee newsteam with Huw Edwards and Simon Schama
After a backlash from viewers over their 'inane' Diamond Jubilee river pageant broadcast, the BBC provided solemn and sober coverage befitting the gravitas of the Thanksgiving service in St Paul's today.
Huw Edwards anchored the programme and historian Simon Schama provided commentary on a historic day.
The Corporation's coverage of the Thames river pageant was described as 'celebrity-driven drivel' as One Show host Matt Baker came in for heavy criticism....
comments powered by Disqus
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- A Fight About Taxing The Wealthy, A Century Before President Obama
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History
- Joan Peters’s legacy assessed by one of her fiercest critics, Norman Finkelstein
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along