From Morrisania to Williamsburg, How NYC Has Changed in 70 Years
“New York is a city of contrasts,” the analysis began. “An amazing, infinite, inspiring, shocking, beautiful, ugly, old, new city of seven million plus.” Seven decades later, it still is. The same adjectives apply, but the city is even bigger: The population has grown to a record 8.3 million.
That description of the city came from a market analysis produced by The New York Times and several other newspapers, aimed at advertisers. It was drawn from the 1940 census....
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate