Boston historian Thomas O’Connor dies
Thomas O’Connor, a Boston College historian and professor emeritus known for his work on the history of Boston, has died.
School officials said Monday afternoon that O’Connor suffered a fatal heart attack in his Milton home on Sunday. He was 89.
A South Boston native, O’Connor explored his hometown in books including "Boston Catholics," ”Civil War Boston" and "The Boston Irish."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences