Hindi film 'breaks Indian record'Breaking News
The amount is "the highest ever on record" in India, Screen Daily said.
The film, one of the most expensive Hindi movies made, took about £120,000 in its first weekend in the UK.
The film is expected to gross £6.7m ($12m) in India, where it opened simultaneously on 400 screens.
It was filmed simultaneously in Hindi and English.
The movie depicts a revolt by Hindu and Muslim soldiers against the British East India Company over fears that gun cartridges were greased with animal fat forbidden by their religions.
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools