Hindi film 'breaks Indian record'Breaking News
The amount is "the highest ever on record" in India, Screen Daily said.
The film, one of the most expensive Hindi movies made, took about £120,000 in its first weekend in the UK.
The film is expected to gross £6.7m ($12m) in India, where it opened simultaneously on 400 screens.
It was filmed simultaneously in Hindi and English.
The movie depicts a revolt by Hindu and Muslim soldiers against the British East India Company over fears that gun cartridges were greased with animal fat forbidden by their religions.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103