Czech president against appreciation of Sudeten German antifascistsBreaking News
Klaus said that the sensitive historic chapter had been resolved and closed by the Czech-German declaration, agreed on by the Czech and German governments in 1997.
Moreover, a number of historians and experts say that those to whom the gesture relates "make up a group which can be hardly defined and which is in many cases problematic," Klaus said in a press release.
Klaus complained that the government and the Foreign Ministry had not consulted him on the statement.
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools