Czech president against appreciation of Sudeten German antifascists
Klaus said that the sensitive historic chapter had been resolved and closed by the Czech-German declaration, agreed on by the Czech and German governments in 1997.
Moreover, a number of historians and experts say that those to whom the gesture relates "make up a group which can be hardly defined and which is in many cases problematic," Klaus said in a press release.
Klaus complained that the government and the Foreign Ministry had not consulted him on the statement.
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?