Czech president against appreciation of Sudeten German antifascistsBreaking News
Klaus said that the sensitive historic chapter had been resolved and closed by the Czech-German declaration, agreed on by the Czech and German governments in 1997.
Moreover, a number of historians and experts say that those to whom the gesture relates "make up a group which can be hardly defined and which is in many cases problematic," Klaus said in a press release.
Klaus complained that the government and the Foreign Ministry had not consulted him on the statement.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103