Ky. couple sells 140 acres of Perryville Battlefield to Civil War Preservation Trust
PERRYVILLE, Ky. — A central Kentucky couple has sold 140 acres from the Civil War Battle of Perryville to the Civil war Preservation Trust for $725,000.
Perryville Battlefield State Historical Site specialist Joni L. House told The Advocate-Messenger (http://bit.ly/Kb6WFs ) that the acquisition gives the group an opportunity to keep a piece of history intact that otherwise might be developed.
The Civil War Preservation Trust is a national nonprofit supported by donors who believe like House does that such areas should be off limits to development and available for future generations....
comments powered by Disqus
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830