Ky. couple sells 140 acres of Perryville Battlefield to Civil War Preservation TrustBreaking News
PERRYVILLE, Ky. — A central Kentucky couple has sold 140 acres from the Civil War Battle of Perryville to the Civil war Preservation Trust for $725,000.
Perryville Battlefield State Historical Site specialist Joni L. House told The Advocate-Messenger (http://bit.ly/Kb6WFs ) that the acquisition gives the group an opportunity to keep a piece of history intact that otherwise might be developed.
The Civil War Preservation Trust is a national nonprofit supported by donors who believe like House does that such areas should be off limits to development and available for future generations....
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies
- David Courtwright sees 19th-century solution to the current heroin crisis