Ky. couple sells 140 acres of Perryville Battlefield to Civil War Preservation Trust
PERRYVILLE, Ky. — A central Kentucky couple has sold 140 acres from the Civil War Battle of Perryville to the Civil war Preservation Trust for $725,000.
Perryville Battlefield State Historical Site specialist Joni L. House told The Advocate-Messenger (http://bit.ly/Kb6WFs ) that the acquisition gives the group an opportunity to keep a piece of history intact that otherwise might be developed.
The Civil War Preservation Trust is a national nonprofit supported by donors who believe like House does that such areas should be off limits to development and available for future generations....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout