Architect's mission in Cyprus: One man's quest to find AtlantisBreaking News
He has persuaded a mainstream American documentary maker, TMC Entertainment, based in Los Angeles, to climb on board, and sink tens of thousands of dollars into making a two-hour live special on Mr Sarmast's final expedition and the "filming of the structures" next year. "This TV special, says the company, "will enable viewers worldwide to participate in the thrill of discovery as they watch, live on their own TV screens, as manned submarines film underwater ROV submersibles blasting sediment off the buried structures - revealing the full detail of what has lain hidden for probably more than 12,000 years." TMC producer Drew S. Levin said: "We are absolutely thrilled to be associated with what may in fact be the greatest archaeological discovery of modern times. All the indications are that Robert and his team of highly-credentialed researchers have indeed found the acropolis of the lost Atlantis ..."
Mr Sarmast has described what he is going to reveal to the world so vividly it is as if we were already standing, blinking, before it. He believes that Cyprus was merely the highest mountain range at the north-western tip of Atlantis. The ancient land itself spread eastwards towards what is now Syria. He says: "Right below Larnaca was a fresh-water lake; from Ayia Napa" - today a resort in the far south-east of Cyprus famous for its raves - "begins the western edge of the Atlantis plain, which goes all the way to the coast of Syria. The acropolis of the lost city is situated exactly seven miles off Cyprus." And the buildings that still stand on it, Mr Sarmast assures us, will be the oldest buildings the eye of modern man has ever fallen on, and will make "the pyramids of ancient Egypt look like modern buildings" in contrast.
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters collection offers unique glimpse into ordeal of Australian aborigines
- War, More Than ISIS, Is Destroying Syria's Ancient Sites
- Pew Poll: Trust in government is at historic lows
- If "The Donald" Said It Happened, It Happened! And Don't You Forget It!
- Solved: the mystery of Britain’s Bronze Age mummies
- Anne Frank Faced Challenges Similar to Syrian Refugees, Richard Breitman Says
- Douglass North, Nobel Prize-winning economics historian, dies at 95
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project