Mystery of horse taming 'solved' by gene studyBreaking News
Horses were domesticated 6,000 years ago on the grasslands of Ukraine, southwest Russia and west Kazakhstan, a genetic study shows.
Domestic horses then spread across Europe and Asia, breeding with wild mares along the way, research published in the journal PNAS suggests.
The work, by a Cambridge University team, brings together two competing theories on horse domestication....
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors