Mystery of horse taming 'solved' by gene studyBreaking News
Horses were domesticated 6,000 years ago on the grasslands of Ukraine, southwest Russia and west Kazakhstan, a genetic study shows.
Domestic horses then spread across Europe and Asia, breeding with wild mares along the way, research published in the journal PNAS suggests.
The work, by a Cambridge University team, brings together two competing theories on horse domestication....
comments powered by Disqus
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery
- Sharon Ullman says the work of historians is becoming increasingly invisible