11 historic sites added to endangered list
Eleven places in the Commonwealth are now on Virginia's most endangered historic sites list. The fear is that if these places are not preserved, it will be forgotten.
Libby Hill Overlook is one of a number of sites listed as endangered because neighbors have been told there are plans to build right in front of the river, but the developer says there are no plans right now to build.
The view from the Libby Hill Overlook in Church Hill is breathtaking and peaceful.
Carl Corley lives in the first house facing the overlook. He's called this place home for decades.
"It's a very historic site," he said. "You see that because people come here all day."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success
- Sven Beckert’s List of the Ten Books on Slavery You Need to Read
- Jonathan Zimmerman says homosexuality is not alien to Africa
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed