11 historic sites added to endangered list
Eleven places in the Commonwealth are now on Virginia's most endangered historic sites list. The fear is that if these places are not preserved, it will be forgotten.
Libby Hill Overlook is one of a number of sites listed as endangered because neighbors have been told there are plans to build right in front of the river, but the developer says there are no plans right now to build.
The view from the Libby Hill Overlook in Church Hill is breathtaking and peaceful.
Carl Corley lives in the first house facing the overlook. He's called this place home for decades.
"It's a very historic site," he said. "You see that because people come here all day."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences