Early Floridians Mingled with Mammoths & Mastodons
Humans lived alongside mammoths, mastodons and giant sloths 13,000 years ago in the area now known as Vero Beach, Florida, a new study indicates.
Researchers say the new evidence solves a longstanding debate on whether humans reached the Western Hemisphere during the last ice age and lived alongside giant mammals that are now extinct.
The study is published online today in the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology....
comments powered by Disqus
- World War I records reveal myths and realities of soldiers with ‘shell shock’
- Were Neanderthals a sub-species of modern humans? New research says no
- Irish archaeological sites explain huge European population fall
- Reactions to JFK Assassination Included Fear of Possible Soviet Strike against U.S.; Desire to "Bond" with LBJ
- Swiss Museum to Announce Decision on Nazi-Looted Art Next Week
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading
- AHA backs California's LGBT History law
- Cultural historian traces history of baby food