Franklin battlefield group nears grant deadline for pizza place
FRANKLIN Battlefield preservation group Franklin’s Charge is within striking distance of acquiring a strip mall anchored by a Domino’s Pizza to restore an area that was the epicenter of the 1864 Battle of Franklin.
The group has less than 60 days to raise more than $300,000 so they can begin work on the Carter Cotton Gin Interpretive Park.
An announcement today from the group explained what is at stake: “You can make great pizzas anywhere, but there’s only one epicenter of the Battle of Franklin, where nearly 10,000 casualties fell in five bloody hours and 11 medals of honor were won.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control