Franklin battlefield group nears grant deadline for pizza place
FRANKLIN Battlefield preservation group Franklin’s Charge is within striking distance of acquiring a strip mall anchored by a Domino’s Pizza to restore an area that was the epicenter of the 1864 Battle of Franklin.
The group has less than 60 days to raise more than $300,000 so they can begin work on the Carter Cotton Gin Interpretive Park.
An announcement today from the group explained what is at stake: “You can make great pizzas anywhere, but there’s only one epicenter of the Battle of Franklin, where nearly 10,000 casualties fell in five bloody hours and 11 medals of honor were won.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed