Hitler was a bad speller
A newly uncovered postcard written by Hitler during World War I suggests that the Nazi dictator wasn't great at spelling.
The postcard was written by the former Fascist leader as he recovered from a war wound in a Munich hospital in December 1916.
In it he makes the mistake of spelling the German word 'sofort', meaning 'immediately', with double 'f' instead of one....
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean